Ozarks Electric Cooperative
Ozarks Electric Cooperative was incorporated under the laws of the State of Arkansas in 1938. A non-profit member-owned cooperative, Ozarks Electric was formed to provide electric service to the rural areas of Northwest Arkansas. On May 10, 1939, the first 50 miles of line were energized to cover an area of approximately 250 miles to provide electric service to 1,000 members. In 1940, approval was given for the addition of 257 miles of line to be built, extending service into Oklahoma. In just three short years, the Cooperative had grown considerably, serving nine counties in Arkansas and Oklahoma, with more 350 miles of power lines. Ozarks Electric, with offices across Northwest Arkansas and Northeast Oklahoma, now serves more than 70,000 homes, farms, businesses and industries.ozarksecc.com
Fayetteville, AR, USAInaccurate data? Flag it here.
Open jobs at Ozarks Electric Cooperative